The Optex iVision+ Expandable Wireless Video Intercom System with Door Release is the ultimate video/audio intercom system. The standard package includes a handheld LCD monitoring unit along with a wireless intercom/doorbell station. The intercom/doorbell station is installed outside the front door, allowing the homeowner to not only see but also communicate with guests with the click of a button. But that's just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the powerful features offered by the iVision wireless intercom system.
Intercom systems aren't a new invention by any means. Homeowners and business owners haven been using them for decades for improved security. What makes the iVision system stand out from the rest, however, is its integration of wireless technology. Rather than being constrained to the limitations of wires, homeowners and business owners have the freedom to install the iVision system practically anywhere. Its advanced WiFi adapter allows for a maximum transmission range of 330 feet, which is more than enough for most users.
You can say "goodbye" to wires with the iVision system. The handheld monitor is powered by a base which is connected to a standard 5.5-volt power cord. The intercom/door station uses just three AAA batteries. What's even more impressive, however, is that most users report a full 12 months of usage on a set of three AAA batteries.
Features include the following:
- Maximum transmission range of 330 feet (when used in a clear line of sight).
- Digital video and audio transmission.
- Multiple camera angles from which to choose.
- Brilliant high-resolution 2.4-inch LCD display screen.
- Unlock and open doors with the click of a button.
- Automatic switching between day and night modes (note: night mode uses infrared imaging for superior image quality).
- Easy-to-see fluorescent push button.
- Water-resistant body for outdoor use.
- Up to four handheld units can connect to the system.
- Handheld units are compatible with MicroUSB cables, allowing homeowners to transfer images to their computer or storage device.
Purchasing the iVision will prove to be a smart investment that pays off in the form of greater security for you and your family. It's not uncommon for homeowners to open the door when a stranger rings the doorbell, but unfortunately this can result in burglaries and home invasions. By using the iVision, you'll have the ability to communicate with strangers and guests before you open the door. Once you've verified the guest's identity, you can grant them access by clicking a button on the handheld unit.